Plateau pastor, secretary kidnapped during vigil

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #6850 by patrickd

Unidentified gunmen have kidnapped a pastor with the ERCC church in Quaapan Local Government Area of Plateau State, identified as Rev. Thomas Ashaku.

It was gathered on Tuesday that the pastor and the church Secretary, Mr. Ezekiel Agwadu were kidnapped during a vigil organised by the church located at Namu community of the Council Area.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr Tyopev Teena, did not pick his phone calls when contacted over the matter but the
Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria in Quaapan Council Area, Rev Isaac Tali, confirmed the kidnap of the two clerics to our correspondent in Jos on Tuesday.

According to him, information on the incident which occurred on Friday night did not get to him until Tuesday morning.

Tali said, “I have just been informed of the incident. It was the youth CAN President of Jos North who called me to report the matter and when I made inquiries, I found out that it is true.

“The gunmen were said to have stormed the church and picked the two leaders from among other numerous church members who attended the programme. This is strange and unfortunate that such a thing can be allowed to happen.”

The Zonal Chairman of CAN in the Area said the matter had been reported to the police and that the gunmen who kidnapped the two church leaders had demanded ransom.

SOURCE: punchng.com/plateau-pastor-secretary-kidnapped-during-vigil/
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds