Some interests capitalising on Assembly crisis to attack me – Lalong

More
1 week 3 days ago #8580 by patrickd

THE Plateau state Governor, Simon Lalong has accused unnamed persons with vested interests for latching onto the crisis in the state House of Assembly to attack him.

He, however, described the leadership crisis rocking the Assembly as a fallout of the autonomy which he granted to the legislature.

He said this at a swear-in ceremony of 15 newly appointed Special Advisers which took place at the Government House, Rayfield in Jos, on Wednesday.

Lalong said, “I call on the good people of Plateau State to disregard all the misinformation and campaign of calumny targeted at the government and my person, over the recent events in the State House of Assembly.

According to him, the new appointees who took their oaths of office were people who played various roles at different times in not only ensuring that his Administration came into office, but also making sure it succeeds in building a peaceful and all-inclusive Plateau.

He urged them to justify the confidence reposed in them by ensuring quality service delivery to the people of the state in the discharge of their responsibilities.

Apart from the 15 Special Advisers who were sworn in, the governor also appointed four other persons as honorary Special Advisers.

They include, a former Commander of the Military Special Taskforce in the state otherwise known as Operation Safe Haven, Major General A.C. Agundu (retd.) who was assigned the Intelligence portfolio.

SOURCE: The Punch
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds