>

Plateau Guber results: Barkin-Ladi LG boss urges youths to remain calm

More
2 months 1 week ago #6889 by patrickd

Mr Dickson Chollom, the Chairman of Barkin Ladi Local Government Area, has urged youths in Plateau to remain calm while waiting for the governorship rerun elections.

INEC on Monday declared the governorship election in the north-central state inconclusive, stiring some anxiety among the residents.

But Chollom, in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Tuesday in Jos, advised the youths to support the electoral body to complete the process and announce a winner.

He said that declaring elections as inconclusive was within the confines of the law, and advised Nigerians to respect that measure as it was in the interest of democracy.

“Some polling units in my local government are affected by the INEC decision. I have told the people to ensure they voted whenever a date is announced for the rerun.

I believe it is better to win credibly or loose gallantly,” he said.

He urged politicians to always accept the outcome of elections so as to minimise animosity and deepen Nigeria’s democracy.

NAN reports that the Plateau governorship election result was declared inconclusive by Prof Richard Kimbir, the Returning Officer, because the total number of votes cancelled, totalling 49,347, was above the total difference of 44,029 in the votes scored by the two leading candidates. (NAN)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Today
Yesterday
This Week
Last Week
This Month
Last Month
All days

Your IP: 54.36.148.248
23-05-2019 01:32

Go to top