Wase sues for peace among Plateau people

More
4 years 7 months ago #7266 by patrickd

Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Ahmed Idris Wase, has called on the people of Plateau State to unite and work in synergy for peace, progress and development to thrive in the state and Nigeria at large.

Wase, stated this when members of the Plateau State Indigenes Forum of the National Assembly paid him a courtesy call in his office.

The deputy speaker urged members of the forum to collaborate with his office to uplift the people of Plateau State and Nigeria in general. “I am happy to have constituents like you here in the National Assembly. I thank you for finding time to come and visit me. I can assure you that my doors and ears are opened to listen to your useful advice.”

He stressed that the people of Plateau were a very beautiful and unique people, whose hospitality and peaceful disposition had attracted Nigerians from every nook and cranny of the nation.

According to him, cooperation and peace among the people was the only factors that would usher in the much needed development in the state adding that “as it is often said, united we stand, divided we fall.”

The deputy speaker advised his kinsmen to consider their diversity as a sign of greatness and not weakness, adding that; “the more diverse we are in language and culture, the better.”

Earlier in his remarks, President of the association, Mr. Paul Kapnan, solicited the support of the deputy speaker whenever the group knocked at his door, assuring that Plateau indigenes were “ever willing and ready to support the deputy speaker to succeed in this national assignment bestowed on him.”

Kapnan expressed happiness with the election of Wase as the deputy speaker, saying the development was good for Plateau people. “On behalf of Plateau Forum, I wish to sincerely congratulate you on your well-deserved election as the deputy speaker of the 9th House of Representatives. We have no doubt in our minds that you will not disappoint us and your colleagues who voted you into office.

“We pray that God will give you good health, strength and wisdom to discharge your responsibilities to the best of your ability and in the best interest of the Plateau people and Nigerians at large,” he stated.

SOURCE: www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/08/wase-sues...mong-plateau-people/
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds