Former Abacha press secretary dies in Jos

More
3 years 7 months ago #989 by patrickd

Attachment David-Attah.jpg not found

David Attah, a former chief press secretary to the late military Head of State, Sani Abacha, has died aged 72.
According to a report by Premium Times, his son, Emmanuel Attah, confirmed that he died early on Tuesday, June 4, 2017 at a private hospital in Jos, Plateau state.
The former Benue state Commissioner for Information had been receiving medical treatment before his death.
In a 2012 interview with Adagbo Onoja, Attah described his experience working as Abacha's spokesman, saying, "People in government thought I was too powerful, that my image was looming large. But I said no, I had come as a bird of passage. And, that by my background, I was a stakeholder more than some of you.
"I was somebody that you gave an assignment and you could go to sleep. I could even go to Igumale (his native area in Benue State) and deploy.
"To everyone, I said, gentlemen, you don’t have to like this man called Abacha but I am involved."
Before he bacame Abacha's spokesman, the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) graduate was General Manager of the then Benue Plateau Publishing Corporation (now Nigeria Standard) and kept a column called "Thinking Aloud" in the Sunday Standard.
He was also Group Manpower Development Manager of Daily Times in Lagos.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds