Lalong signs the 2019 appropriation bill into law

More
1 year 10 months ago #6934 by patrickd

Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State yesterday signed the 2019 appropriation bill into law after it was earlier passed by the Plateau State House of Assembly and went through due diligence.

It authorizes the issue of the consolidated revenue fund of the State in the sum of #153,537,190,069.00 only for the service of the State in respect of the financial year commencing 1st of January, 2019 and ending 31st December, 2019.

Speaking at the event which took place at the government house in Little Rayfield in Jos the Plateau State capital, the governor urged the members of his cabinet to join hands with him in the proper execution of the budget, saying that election was over and it was now time to work for the people.

“I want to thank the state assembly for the proper legislative work on the budget earlier presented to them for approval before the signing today. I also want to thank all those who took their time to prepare the budget, from members of the executive councils to permanent secretaries and heads of parastatals. Now it is time for action. As I have been saying since after the elections, I won’t be contesting another election again, and this one has come and gone.

“As we have signed this budget today, we have set the ball rolling and there is no excuse whatsoever. We must make this budget work for a better Plateau State and we must leave a good legacy behind. We must ensure that things change in plateau and it is the duty of all of us to ensure so in order for our children can enjoy tomorrow.

“So, as we have set the ball rolling, it is the business of everybody and not the governor alone. All the arms of government are also involved in the implementation of the budget. The budget is the document that will propel the state, and without it we cannot move. All we want is a peaceful environment for the government to work. And I believe we have capable hands that can drive the budget. My prayer is that at the end of the day we will have every cause to give glory to God,” he said.

SOURCE: www.dailytrust.com.ng/lalong-signs-the-2...n-bill-into-law.html
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds