Lalong unveils 80 vehicles to empower Plateau youths

More
1 year 1 month ago #7608 by patrickd

Plateau State Governor, Simon Lalong, has inaugurated 80 Ford Galaxy vehicles under the Lalong Transport Empowerment Scheme for young drivers in the state.

The scheme which is to boost youth empowerment and reduce unemployment is powered by the Plateau State Government with the support of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Plateau State Chapter.

Lalong charged the beneficiaries to make good use of the buses and also endeavour to honour the terms of the agreement so that others will benefit from the second phase.

He said, “The 80 vehicles are a fulfilment of the commitment I made to the officials of the NURTW Plateau State Chapter, who during a courtesy call on me, appealed for collaboration and support towards the purchase of the buses.

“As a government that has passion for empowering its citizens, I had no hesitation in approving the request of the Union and directing the release of funds. Moreover, the Union had raised 50 percent of the amount,” he noted.

The governor urged motorists, particularly the beneficiaries of the vehicles, to observe all traffic rules and imbibe safe driving culture to avoid needless loss of lives and associated damages to the vehicles.

“We must put safety above profit and pleasure. I also urge the beneficiaries of these vehicles to abide by the terms of the agreement for the acquisition of these buses to facilitate the commencement of the second phase of the scheme,” he added.

SOURCE: www.dailytrust.com.ng/lalong-unveils-80-...-plateau-youths.html
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds